Austin Healey – A celebration of the fabulous ‘Big’ Healey
The Austin-Healey (“Big” Healey) is one of the iconic British sports cars: the first Austin-Healey 100 model was unveiled at the 1952 Earls Court Motor Show, and when the last car rolled off the production line in 1967, over 73,000 examples had been built. The four and six-cylinder Healey 100s and the later 3000 model were masculine ‘hairy chested’ sports cars in the best tradition.
This edition is designed to appeal to all fans of British sports cars as well as to Austin-Healey owners and enthusiasts. The book features the complete history of the car; period and modern colour photographs; and production figures and specifications.
• A concise history of all the classic Big Healeys, 100 to 3000, 1952-1967
• Contains full production numbers and details of all models’ specifications
• Many archive illustrations, some in colour, drawn from contemporary sources
• Includes specially taken photos of pristine examples of the models covered
• Takes the reader chronologically through Big Healy production, 1952-1967
• Covers competition successes for the cars over the years
• Includes comparison tables with the Healey’s contemporary rivals
• Contains colour extracts from original Austin Healey sales brochures
• The Austin Healey’s background, and why it filled a gap in the market, is revealed
• Details of how modern legislation put an end to Austin Healey production