Penrite Running In Oil (15W -40) – 5 Litre
Penrite Running In Oil is a premium mineral, SAE 15W-40, non friction modified, low detergent & dispersant engine oil, designed for the critical running in period for both new, re-built and crate engines. It contains an advanced anti-wear additive pack featuring HIGH ZINC (exceeding 1600 ppm levels) for ultimate engine wear protection during these first stages of engine use.
CAN BE USED WHERE THE FOLLOWING SAE VISCOSITIES ARE RECOMMENDED
- SAE 30
Running In Oil has a High Zinc formulation to protect the valve train including camshafts, followers, rockers and pushrods. It allows the piston rings to bed in correctly with the cylinder walls, preventing glazing of the bores and it can be used for both dynamometer and normal road run in procedures. If used for running in on road, the suggested running in period for Running In Oil is approximately 500 Kilometres after which both the oil and filter should be changed.
Running In Oil may be used in engines where SAE 15W-40, 20W-40, 20W-50 & SAE 30 viscosity grades are specified by the manufacturer. It is designed to be used over a wide range of engine oil viscosities. Its 15W-40 viscosity allows for use in both new and older type engines. It can be used with Petrol, LPG, E10, diesel & other conventional fuels.
- FULL ZINC additive package for superior engine wear protection
- NON friction modified allows running in process to complete totally
- Prevents glazing of the engine cylinder bores
- Multigrade covers various SAE viscosity grades and wider temperature range
- Low detergent & dispersant level
- Allows bedding in of the piston rings with the cylinder walls
- Competition proven and trusted for performance engines
- Suitable for competition and on road use
- API SF/CC
- 5 Litre
NOTE: when changing oil, Penrite recommend using an engine flush, a fast acting, solvent free, engine cleaning formulation that removes engine deposits, sludge and contaminants with the oil service drain. It contains added zinc for engine wear protection and its fast acting formulation works in 10 minutes.